Mockingbird wish me luck

A free 25 page booklet

00000

dying for a beer dying

for and of life

on a windly afternoon in Hollywood

listenig to symphony music from my little red radio

on the floor.

-

a friend said,

“all ya gotta do is go out on the sidewalk

and lay down

somebody will pick you up

somebody will take care of you”

-

I look out the window at the sidewalk

I see somenthing walking on the sidewalk

she wouldn’t lay down there,

only in special places for special pleople with special $$$$

and

special ways

while I am dying for a beer on a windly afternoon in

Hollywood,

nothing like a beautiful broad dragging it past you on the

sidewalk

moving it past your famished window

she’s dressed in the finest cloth

she doesn’t care what you say

how you look waht you do

as long as you do not get in her

wy, and it must be that she doesn’t shit or

have blood

she must be a cloud, friend, the way she floats past us.

----

I am too sick to lay down

the sidewalks frighten me

the whole dammed city frightens me,

what I will become

what I have become

frightens me.

-

ah, the bravado is gone

the big run through center is gone

on the windy afternoon in Hollywood

my radio cracks and spits its dirty music

through a floor full of empty beerbottles.

---

now I hear a siren

it comes closer

the music stops

the mano n the radio says

“we will send you a free 25 page booklet:

FACE THE FACTS ABOUT COLLEGE COSTS.”

oooo

the siren fades into the cardboard mountains

and I look out the window again as the clasped fist of

boiling cloud comes down –

the wind shakes the plants outside

I wait for evening I wait for night I wait sitting in a chair

by the window-

the cook drops in the live

red-pink salty

rough-tit crab and

the game works

on

ooooo

come get me.


Comentários

Blog Dri Viaro disse…
Bom dia!!
Vim conhecer seu blog, e desejar bom fds
bjsss


aguardo sua visita :)
Jeannie Maria disse…
Eu nunca entendi esse hype em torno de Charles Bukowski. Funciona como Nelson Rodrigues dos EUA...
Gustavo disse…
oi Lindsae,

Dizem que o Nelson Rodrigues é o Tennesse Williams brasileiro, fazendo a analogia de lá pra cá.
É dificil comparar por analogia essas personalidades tão marcantes.
São todos autores marginais.
Sabe quais são as definições de "marginal"? São pelo menos 4,

- O indivíduo que tem uma atitude marginal. Ex. Lobão.
- O indivíduo que manifesta sua arte de forma independente, marginal. Independe do estilo.
- O indivíduo que tem uma linguaguem marginal e publica, ou expõe, de forma convencional. Ex. Leminski.
- O artista cuja arte não conquista a simpatia do senso-comum. Que, de tão ruim, não consegue alcançar as vias formais de publicação.
Sara disse…
Bela música.
Ou poesia.
Seu blog é uma gracinha, aliás! Fico horas bricando com essa bola de palavras hahaha.
Aliás, vou aproveitar para avisar que tive que deletar meu outro blog e criar outro, porque aquele já estava ficando piradinho (vê se pode, com apenas 2 posts!).
Enfim, você fala alemão? Impressionante! Não entendo nada, por isso admiro mt quem entende hahah.
Beijocas

Postagens mais visitadas